Department of Neonatology of Asgar Ali Hospital provides round-the-clock care to critically ill newborns and premature infants including those referred from other hospitals. We provide specialized care for children with a multitude of complex diseases, seamless access to any specialty services needed for newborns and infants. We provide state-of-art capabilities for the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of extremely premature and medically fragile neonates.
The Department of Neonatology is steered by Prof. Dr. Zabrul SM Haque who is certified by American Board of Paediatrics.
Range of Services:
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Standby service for high risk deliveries
- High risk and birth defect consultations
- Newborn screening
- Clinical screening of well babies
- Neonatal neuro-development follow-up
- Premature and low birth weight babies – ROP screening and treatment is routinely practice in AAH
- Nursery Bed
- NICU Level-1
- NICU Level-2
- NICU Level-3
We deal with Critical Patients like:
- Respiratory distress syndrome
- Meconium aspiration syndrome
- Extreme prematurity (24-25 weeks gestation)
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Transient Tachypnea of the Newborn (TTN)
- Birth injury & various neonatal surgical conditions
- Perinatal asphyxia
- Bilirubin encephalopathy
- Congenital pneumonia
- Air leak syndrome like- Pneumothorax, Pneumobilia
- Chest tube placement
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Necrotizing enterocolitis
- Congenital heart disease
- Genetic syndromes and metabolic disorders
- Various procedure that is regard to ensure high level medical care to the babies, like – Ambelical line, PICC line, Radial line etc.
- We provide most modern ventilation care like – high freequency oxylator.
- Our centre is also capable of providing jet ventilators
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) is frequently arranged to provide care to the very sick babies
- Optimum cardiac support is also available for cyanotic & noncyanotic various cardiac defect
- Our neonatal surgery department is capable of repairing congenital defect like Diaphragmatic Hernia, T-E fistula, open and various closed surgical conditions
- Pre-natal consultation with parents with high-risk pregnancies.
- Lactation support for breast-feeding mothers of hospitalized infants.
- Physical and occupational therapy for hospitalized neonates.
- Nutrition consultation on patients receiving parenteral nutrition.