Dr. Md. Motiul Islam
MBBS, MD (Critical Care Medicine)
Consultant – Critical Care
- Dr. Motiul Islam obtained his MBBS in the year 2003.
- After completing internship, he started his career in Critical Care Medicine as a member of ICU team of Square Hospitals Dhaka in the year 2005.
- On 2008, he joined the inaugural “Doctors of Medicine” (MD) course in “Critical Care Medicine” (CCM) of Bangladesh at BIRDEM academy. In the long journey of the MD course he was trained at BIRDEM Hospital, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU), National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases (NICVD), National Institute of Diseases of the Chest and Hospital (NIDCH) and Dhaka Medical College & Hospital (DMC&H). After successfully completing the course he became one of the pioneer intensivist in the history of Bangladesh.
- Before joining at Asgar Ali Hospital he worked as Clinical Staff at Square Hospitals Dhaka and as Registrar at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College Hospital, where he worked as a highly skilled interventional intensivist at multidisciplinary ICU.
- A good number of articles are published by him in International Journals.
- Dr. Motiul Islam is an active member of Bangladesh Society of Critical Care Medicine (BSCCM), Bangladesh Life Support Foundation, Rangpur Old Cadet Association (ROCA) and advisor of Medicine Club.
- Since February 2016, he is working at Asgar Ali Hospital in the ICU Department.