Dr. Md. Nabiul Hassan Rana
MBBS (DMC), MD (Nephrology)
Senior Consultant – Nephrology
- Dr. Md. Nabiul Hassan Rana completed MBBS from Dhaka Medical College in 1985.
- Dr. Rana successfully obtained his MD (Nephrology) degree from the Institute of Post Graduate Medicine & Research, Dhaka under the University of Dhaka in 2003.
- He then worked as a Senior Nephrologist at BIRDEM, Labaid Specialized Hospital and Apollo (now Evercare) Hospital. He was also involved in teaching at Ibrahim Medical College.
- He completed CCD (UK) in Diabetes while at BIRDEM. He has specialized experience in diabetes control and treatment of diabetic kidney disease.
- In addition to the treatment of kidney disease, Dr. Rana is a physician specializing in providing the necessary services and advice to patients in medicine and high blood pressure.
- He has over 25 years of working experience on Hemodialysis & Dialysis Catheter Insertion, CAPD, Diabetic Nephropathy, Renal Biopsy & Kidney Transplantation.
- About 1,500 Hemodialysis per month are being performed under his supervision & about 30 patients are on CAPD. He also conducts regular follow-up treatment of Kidney Transplant patients who has done Transplantation from home and abroad.
- He has published several research papers in various national and international journals.
- Prior to joining Asgar Ali Hospital, he worked as a Senior Consultant in the Department of Nephrology at Square Hospital.
- At present Dr. Md. Nabiul Hassan Rana is working as a Senior Consultant in the Department of Nephrology at Asgar Ali Hospital and serving patients regularly.