Dr. Shantanu Biswas
MBBS, FCPS (General Surgery)
Fellowship in Gastrointestinal and Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery (New Delhi)
Part Time Consultant – Hepatobiliary & Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Dr. Shantanu Biswas obtained his MBBS degree from Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College.
- He has successfully completed his FCPS degree in General Surgery from BCPS.
- Dr. Shantanu has wide exposure in Dhaka Medical College, Shaheed Soharawardi Medical College, BSMMU and now working in Surgical Gastroenterology, Department of Sheikh Russel National Gastroliver Institute & Hospital.
- He Successfully completed his International Fellowship in Advance Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal and Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery from Sir Gangaram Super Specialized Hospital, New Delhi and also trained in Advance Surgery in AIIMS, India.
- During his international fellowship training, he had vast exposure to complicated Liver, Pancreas, Stomach, Colon Surgery with Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery.
- Dr. Shantanu attended Liver Transplant Surgery during his fellowship training in India.
- In Bangladesh, for the last 18 years he did around 5000 major surgeries in Government and Private Hospitals.
- Dr. Shantanu is skilled in doing Super Specialized Surgery on Advance Laparoscopic Stomach, Colon Cancer Surgeries, Benign and malignant Liver, Gallbladder and Pancreatic Surgery (both open and laparoscopic).
- He has done hundreds of Advance Laparoscopic Surgeries.
- He is now regularly doing liver cyst, liver cancer, pancreatic cyst, pancreatic tumor, gallbladder and bile duct stone, liver, pancreatic stone, stomach and colon cancer, appendicitis, piles, any tumor surgery both laparoscopy or open.
- Dr. Shantanu regularly attends National and International seminar & workshops and has international publication.
- Presently Dr. Shantanu Biswas is at Asgar Ali Hospital as Consultant – Hepatobiliary pancreatic and Gastrointestinal Surgeon and serving patients regularly as evening consultant.