Dr. Somayra Nasreen
Fellow in Paediatric Cardiology (AIMS, India)
Trained in Fetal Cardiology (India)
Associate Consultant – Paediatric Cardiology
- Somayra Nasreen obtained her MBBS (bachelor of medicine & surgeon) from Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College & Hospital in the year 2000.
- She has successfully completed:
– FCPS (fellow of college of physicians & surgeons) in Paediatrics in July 2010.
– Post Graduate Fellowship in Paediatric Cardiology for 1 Year at “Amrita Institute of Medical Science”, Kochin, Kerala, India.
– She is also trained in Fetal Echocardiography from the same institute in India.
- Her Professional experience started with Dhaka Children Hospital as Medical Officer (2004 – 2005); then Medical Officer, Union Sub Centre (2005 – 2006); Assistant Registrar, Chittagong Medical College Hospital (2006 -2008); Postgraduate Student at BSMMU (2009 – 2010); Medical Officer, National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases & Hospital (2011 – 2014); Fellowship in Paediatric Cardiology in AIMS, India (2014), Consultant in Paediatric Cardiology, NICVD (2015)
- Participated in several Workshops on:
– Paediatric Cardiac Intervention organized by National Institute of Cardio Vascular Diseases & Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh and Sharjah Charity International, UAE (Course Director – Dr. Md. Ahmed Al-Kamali, Paediatric Cardiologists & Head of Paediatrics, Dubai Health Hospital, UAE)
– Paediatric Cardiology at NHF, DSH, BSMMU, Chennai (India).
– Paediatric Arrhythmia at MMM, Chennai (India).
– Morphology of Heart at MMM, Chennai (India).
- She has Professional Affiliations with:
– Paediatric Cardiac Society, Bangladesh as Member
– Paediatric Cardiac Society of India as Member
– Bangladesh Medical Association as Member
– Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons as Member
– Bangladesh Paediatric Society as Member
– Child Heart Trust Bangladesh as Member