Dr. Tamal Kanti Roysarkar
MBBS (Kolkata), MS (PGI, Chandigar)
FMRF (Fellowship in Vitreo-Retinal Surgery, Chennai)
Senior Consultant- Ophthalmology (Retina Specialist)
- Dr. T. K. Roysarkar completed his MBBS from Kolkata Medical College, India in July 1985. He subsequently completed his MS (Ophthalmology) in December 1991 from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India and FMRF (Fellowship in vitreo-retinal surgery) in October 1993 from Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, India.
- As a Retinal Consultant he has worked at Silverline Eye Hospital, Kolkata; Susrut Eye Foundation, Salt Lake; Swasti Eye Care; Charnock Hospital, Kolkata; Netaji Eye Hospital, Muradih, Asansol and Vasan Eye Care, Kolkata.
- His area of interest is in surgical retina dealing with vitreo-retinal disorders like diabetic retinopathy, proliferative retinopathy, complicated retinal detachments and intraocular foreign bodies. Dr. T. K. Roysarkar is aware of all aspects of medical retina, posterior uveitis and latest diagnostic procedures and performed various types of lasers, surgery on all major platforms like Alcon, Bausch, Lomb etc.
- He is skilled in other disciplines of Eye-care, IOL implantations, treatment of refractive, corneal and motility disorders, management of glaucoma, uveitis, neuro-ophthalmic problems and proficient in phaco-emulsification, small incision cataract surgery with intra-ocular lens implantation.
- Dr. T. K. Roysarkar has number of International publications, presentations and actively participated in Scientific Exhibit & Conferences. Besides he has publications and presentations in National, State and Zonal Ophthalmic Journals.
- He is professional member of All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS), East India Zonal Ophthalmic Congress (EIZOC) and Ophthalmological Society of West Bengal (OSWB).
- Now Dr. Tamal Kanti Roysarkar is at Asgar Ali Hospital as Senior Consultant- Ophthalmology and serving patients regularly.