Ms. Hasiba Hasan Joya
M. Sc., MS. Ed. (DU)
Trained in Singapore, UK, India
Consultant – Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) & Disability Development
- Ms. Hasiba Hasan Joya completed her M. Sc. in Zoology, 1997 and MS. Ed. (Masters of Special Education) at 2010.
- In 1996, she joined Diabetic Association of Bangladesh, Dhaka as Executive Officer; From 2006 – 2008 she was the Principal of Deaf Children Welfare Association of Bangladesh; Guest Lecturer – Special Education for Teacher’s Training College from 2007 – 2009; Sr. Counselor in Association for Realization of Basic Needs for Psychosocial support to Slam Children; School Counselor – Sir John Wilson School, Dhaka; Specialist–Habilitaion, Speech Language Development – Autistic Children’s Foundation from 2011 – 2012; Country Manager of Cleft Lip & Palate- Operation Cleft Foundation, Australia partnership with Center for Disability in Development from 2013 – 2015; Health Project Coordinator & Consultant – Disability Development in Kumudini Welfare Trust of Bengal (BD) Ltd.; Consultant- “Gift of Hearing”, Hearing Aid Project of Rotary Club of Dhaka North West (RCNWD) & Starkey Foundation, USA from 2016 & Recently (May 2017) nominated by RCNWD as Project Coordinator of UN Project on METERNAL & CHILD Health Support at Washpur .
- She has versatile Professional participation like volunteer activities, participation in training, workshops, conferences and Professional training in Speech-Language Pathology, Singapore General Hospital (2002 – 2010); Habilitation Training with AVT, Cochlear Nucleus Training Institute, India (2006 – 2007); Cochlear Implant mapping & management, BSMMU (2010 – 2015); Teen Adult Autism Management, Action for Autism India (Delhi 2015); Masters Training on Audio Vestibular, Acoustic Company, UK (London 2016).
- She has Membership in following Organizations:
- Advisor of the Society to help Education in Bangladesh, International (SHEBI) – USA based Organization.
- Member of the Committee of ECD (Early Childhood Development) National Forum of Organizations working with the Disabilities.
- Member of the Committee of Pre-Primary & Primary Inclusive Education Curriculum & Education Methodology for Children with Disabilities – National Forum of Organizations working with the Disabilities.
- Earth for Children Foundation – Executive Member.
- Society for the Deaf Sign Language Users – Executive Member.
- Bionic Ear Society of Bangladesh – Organizing Secretary & Founder Member.
- Judi member of National ICT competition Youth with disabilities.
- Volunteer member of Silva Ultra-mind ESP System of Mind Training.
- Ms. Hasiba Hasan Joya is now working with Asgar Ali Hospital as Consultant – SLP & Disability Development