Prof. Dr. Atika Begum
Senior Consultant – Obstetric, Gynae and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Prof. Dr. Atika Begum obtained her MBBS degree in 1979 from Rangpur Medical College and FCPS (Obst. & Gynae) in 1987 from BSMMU, Dhaka.
- She got additional training on:
– Endoscopy from BIRDEM Hospital
– Laparoscopy from BIRDEM Hospital
– Colposcopy training From DMCH
– Breast feeding Promotion & Management from ICMH Sponsored by UNICEF
– Science of Medical Education & Management from CME Centre, Dhaka
– Registrar and Registrar in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from Rangpur Medical College Hospital
- She has active participation in 30 Seminars & Workshops and written number of case reports on different important subjects that published in renowned journals.
- Experiences that enriched her are:
– Work experience –Asst. Professor, Rangpur Medical College; Asst. Professor, BSMMU; Associate Professor, Dhaka Medical College; Associate Professor and Professor, Sir Salimullah Medical College; Professor and Head of the Dept. of Gynae & Obstetrics at Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College; Professor and Head of Gynaecology & Obstetrics Dept. and Principal, Dhaka Community Medical College, Dhaka.
– She has teaching experience for at least 35 years; B.B.S in Dhaka Medical College, Sir Salimullah Medical College, Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College, Rangpur Medical College, Dhaka Community Medical College; F.C.P.S in BSMMU, Dhaka; Diploma and Master of Science (MS) in BSMMU, Dhaka Medical College, Sir Salimullah Medical College.
- She is awarded with Young Gynaecological Award from Bangladesh in November 1993.
- Prof. Dr. Atika Begum is now working at Asgar Ali Hospital as Senior Consultant, Obstetric, Gynae and Laparoscopic Surgeon.