MBBS, PGC (Surgery), MS (Ortho)
Fellow-Arthroscopy, Joint Replacement & Spine Surgery, India
Senior Consultant – Orthopaedic, Trauma & Spine Surgery
- Major Mannan was graduated from Sher- E -Bangla Medical College, Barisal, in 1980. He completed his internship in the then IPGM&R, 1st batch (presently BSMMU) and selected on merit list out of only 8 (Eight) Government Medical Colleges
- He joined in Army Medical Corps (AMC) in Bangladesh Armed Forces and completed Post Graduation Course (PGC) in surgery under AFMI. He served in different Combined Military Hospitals (CMHs) in Bangladesh Armed Forces as a Graded Surgical Specialist since 1986 with all reputations.
- He obtained MS (Ortho), the highest degree in the field of Orthopedics and Trauma in Bangladesh, from NITOR in January 1998.
- He served in different hospitals at home and abroad and achieved advanced training in the management of Acute and Chronic Complicated Trauma cases, Joint Replacement Surgery (Knee & Hip), Arthroscopic Surgery and Spinal Surgery.
- He worked in different Medical Colleges in Bangladesh and became a reputed teacher. He achieved Basic and Advanced Life Support Training, Infection Control Training from renowned Hospitals.
- He attended several National and International seminars and conferences. He presented several papers in different orthopedic seminars and conferences.
- He has numbers of publications in renowned national and international journals.
- At present Prof. Dr. Major Abdul Mannan (Retd.) is working at Asgar Ali Hospital as Senior Consultant, Orthopedics, Trauma & Spine Surgery.