MBBS, FCPS, MRCP (UK)
Ex-Bone Marrow Transplant Specialist
(King Faisal Specialist Hospital, Riyadh, KSA)
Ex-Prof. Clinical Haematology (BSMMU)
Senior Consultant – Clinical Haematology
- Professor Dr. Manzur Morshed, a renowned Clinical Hematologist and the most senior Stem Cell Transplant expert in Bangladesh, is now at Asgar Ali Hospital.
- After being trained in general medicine at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU), he obtained FCPS in 1984.
- In 1992, he completed his MRCP from the UK and worked as a Consultant in Internal Medicine with a special interest in Clinical Hematology at various medical facilities in Saudi Arabia.
- In 2000, he joined the prestigious King Faisal Specialized Hospital & Research Center (KFSHRC) in Riyadh to work in the Department of Clinical Hematology and Adult Stem Cell Transplantation. Along with learning the intricate managements of acute and chronic leukemia, he gained expertise in autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplantation.
- In 2007, he joined BSMMU as a Professor in Clinical Haematology and trained many aspiring haematologists of the country.
- In 2010, he joined Square Hospital as a full time consultant Hematologist and established a protocol based management of blood disorders.
- With such an extraordinary physician and a fully equipped Haematology unit under him, we are providing outstanding treatment services to our patients in the following areas:
– All kinds of blood cancers including Leukemia, Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma
– Thalassemia and related Hemoglobinopathies
– All kinds of Anemias
– ITP and Thrombocytopenia
– Coagulation Disorders