Prof. Dr. Md. Sirazul Islam
MBBS, M. Phil (Pathology)
Senior Consultant – Laboratory Medicine
- Prof Dr. Md. Sirazul Islam passed MBBS from Dhaka Medical College in 1978.
- Then he pursued a career in Pathology and completed his M. Phil (Pathology) from the then IPGMR (now BSSMU) in 1983. He was appointed as an acting Assistant Professor of Pathology in Dhaka Medical College after his post-graduation.
- In January 1986, he was appointed as a Specialist of Laboratory & Blood Bank (Specialist Pathologist) in Madinah Maternity and Children Hospital, a tertiary care regional referral center of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in Madinah Al Munawwarah. He worked in almost all sections of the Laboratory Department with special interest in Haematopathology. During the course of his service in the above British Royal College affiliated post-graduate center he was trained for MRC (Path) in Haematology and subsequently he was placed in the same Hospital as a Consultant, Haematopathologist and Head of Haematology Section of the Laboratory. He worked in MMCH until July 2002 and then came back to Bangladesh.
- Prof. Dr. Sirazul was appointed as Chief Scientific Officer and Head of Laboratory Department of Clinical Pathology, Clinical Biochemistry and Haematology of BIRDEM in November 2002. Subsequently, he was made a Professor of BIRDEM academy based on his current & previous academic background and research publications. He worked in BIRDEM up to November 2012 completing more than 10 years of service. During late 2013 he was appointed as a Professor of Pathology of Jahurul Islam Medical College, Bajitpur, Kishoregonj and worked there until August 2016. Besides this he was an Honorary Senior Consultant, Haematology of BIRDEM.
- He has 16 Research Publications in National and International Medical Journals, Life Membership of Bangladesh Society of Pathologists and Bangladesh Society of Haematology.
- Prof. Dr. Md. Sirazul Islam is working at Asgar Ali Hospital since August 24, 2016 as Senior Consultant – Haematopathology in Laboratory Medicine Department.