Prof. Dr. Md. Zahid Hassan Bhuiyan
MBBS, FCPS (General Surgery)
Senior Consultant – Urology & Andrology
- Prof. Dr. Md. Zahid Hassan Bhuiyan obtained his MBBS degree from Sir Salimullah Medical College (Dhaka University) in 1985. He has successfully completed his FCPS degree in General Surgery in 1997. He has completed his MS degree in Urology from BSMMU in 2001.
- He has vast experience of working for both Govt. and Private Medical College & Hospitals, such as – Sir Salimullah Medical College & Mitford Hospital, Shahid Munsur Ali Medical College, BSMMU & Dhaka Medical College.
- During his long period of experience, he has done many major & extra major operations successfully. He has many innovative works in urology & was awarded “Major General Siraj Zinnat Memorial Gold Medal” by Bangladesh Association of Urological Surgeons for his outstanding works in Hypospadias surgery.
- His areas of expertise include Endo-Urology, Laparoscopic Urology, Uro-Oncology, Re-Constructive Urology, Andrology and Female Urology. His special interest is Re-Constructive Urology.
- Dr. Zahid has attended many National, International Conferences and workshops and presented scientific papers. He has many publications in different National and International journals. His current publication is 34 (06 index journal).
- He is a member of BMA (Bangladesh Medical Association), SOSB (Society of Surgeons Bangladesh), BCPS (Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons), BAUS (Bangladesh Association of Urological Surgeons), UAA (Urological Association of Asia), SIU (Socite international d’Urologie) & AUA (International Member of American Urological Association).
- Before joining Asgar Ali Hospital, Prof. Dr. Md. Zahid Hassan Bhuiyan was in Bangladesh Medical College & Hospital as Professor and Head of Urology.
- Prof. Dr. Md. Zahid Hassan Bhuiyan is at Asgar Ali Hospital as Senior Consultant – Urology & Andrology and serving patients regularly.