Prof. Dr. Salimur Rahman
MBBS (DMC), FCPS (Medicine), FRCP (Ire), FRCP (Edin)
Fellowship in Liver Diseases and Endoscopy (Japan)
Professor – Department of Hepatology , BSMMU (Former)
UGC Professor & Course Director, Medicine Faculty, BSMMU (Former)
Consultant – Hepatology & Internal Medicine
- Prof. Dr. Salimur Rahman, an eminent Hepatologist of the country has completed his MBBS from Dhaka Medical College.
- Afterwards done his FCPS and FRCP from Ireland & Edinburgh respectively.
- Prof. Dr. Salimur is the leading Interventional Hepatologist and pioneered the transformation of Hepatology from a theoretical to an interventional super-specialty, at present he is one of the senior-most & founder Hepatologist of the country.
- He is a Fellow of Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons, Royal College of Physicians of Ireland and former Prof. of Hepatology in Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU).
- Prof. Dr. Salimur is co-editor of “Liver: A Complete Book on Hepato-Pancreato-Billiary Diseases” and “Comprehensive Text-book of Hepatitis-B”.
- He has over 100 publications in International & Regional Journals, also delivered lectures in many forums across the World on different aspects of liver diseases including Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and Hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Prof. Dr. Salimur was the Editor-in-Chief of Euroasian Journal of Hepato-Gastroenterology, the official publication of Euroasian Gastroenterological Association and Viral Hepatitis Foundation Bangladesh; Member of Editorial Board of Hepatology International, Official Journal of the Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver (APASL); President of Association for the Study of the Liver Diseases, Bangladesh-the National Association of Hepatologists of the Country; Immediate Past-President of Association of Physicians of Bangladesh-the premier platform of Specialist Physicians of Bangladesh.
- He is the founder Chairman of Viral Hepatitis Foundation Bangladesh; Member of National Committee for Hepatitis B virus in Bangladesh; Immediate Past-President of South Asian Association for the Study of Liver (SAASL); Executive Committee Member of Asian Pacific Association for the Study of Liver.
- Prof. Dr. Salimur organized & presided many National & International scientific sessions, meetings, conferences on liver diseases. His research interests include Viral Hepatitis B & C, Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Hydatid disease of Liver and Stem Cell Therapies for treatment in Liver disease.
- Currently working as UGC Professor & Course Director, Faculty of Medicine in Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU).
- Prof. Dr. Salimur Rahman is now serving patients at Asgar Ali Hospital as Consultant- Hepatology & Gastroenterology.