Prof. Dr. Selina Husna Banu
MBBS, DCH, Ph.D. (UCL)
Paediatric Neurology & Child Development Center
- Prof. Dr. Selina Husna Banu obtained her MBBS degree from Chittagong Medical College.
- She achieved Diploma in Child Health from Bangladesh Institute of Child Health under the Faculty of Medicine, University of Dhaka.
- Prof. Dr. Selina obtained Specialist Fellowship Training in Clinical Neurophysiology from Great Ormond Street Hospital, Institute of Child Health London, and Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London.
- She also received Ph.D. in the area of “Childhood Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology” From the Institute of Child Health, University College London (UCL).
- Prof. Dr. Selina worked in many different Government and Private organizations such as IPGMR(BSMMU), DSH, MRKH, and Rupganj Thana Health Complex.
- She has participated in different academic activities including teaching, training at home & abroad.
- Awarded with Gold Medal by the Bangladesh Society for Child Neurology Development & Disability (BSCNDD).
- The best speaker award at the International Symposium on the Epileptic Syndromes of Infancy and Early Childhood (ISES).
- Innovative young researcher award by AOCCNA.
- Specialist Clinical Fellowship training in Clinical Neurophysiology in the Paediatric Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Sleep Disorders, Polysomnography and Actigraphy, John Radcliff Hospital, UK.
- She has general & Lifelong memberships on ACNS, BCNEPS, BPF, AOCCNA, BSCNDD, SBN, BMA & BPA.
- Prof. Dr. Selina has more than 25-Publications and many Research Papers on respective subjects, published in different national & international Journals.
- Prof. Dr. Selina Husna Banu is now working at Asgar Ali Hospital and serving patients regularly as Senior Consultant – Paediatric Neurology & Child Development Center.