Prof. Dr. Zabrul SM Haque
MBBS, DTM & H (London), MD (USA)
Fellowship in Neonatal & Perinatal Medicine (USA)
Board Certified (USA) – American Academy of Paediatrics
Senior Consultant – Paediatrics, Neonatology, PICU & NICU
- Zabrul SM Haque graduated from Chittagong Medical College under University of Chittagong in Medicine & Surgery in 1987.
- After Graduation he started his career as a general physician. In the next couple of years he attended the Diploma course in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, London School of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene at the University of London, UK.
- He was awarded the diploma by the Royal College of physicians of London in 1992. He eventually passed the United States medical licensing exam (USMLE) and joined the residency program in Lincoln Hospital in New York, USA which was affiliated with Cornell University in New York.
- During his residency period in Lincoln Hospital he was once selected as the best resident in the year 2000 in the month of December. After completion of the residency period he became Board Certified in Paediatrics.
- Haque also completed his fellowship in Neonatal and Perinatal Medicine from Stony Brook University Hospital, State University of New York at Stony Brook. During his fellowship period he worked as a Consultant.
- The Neonatal ICU in the University Hospital is one of the largest in the state of New York and reputed as one of the tertiary Centre in the region. Dr. Haque worked for a brief period in the University of Maryland in the department of Paediatric Intensive Care Unit before coming to Bangladesh.
- He was involved with various research activities in USA and was qualified to conduct clinical trial. He also had clinical attachment in the department of Neurology, Queens Hospital in New York.
- During his stay in USA he was involved intensely in various clinical activities and after coming to Bangladesh joined in Square Hospital Ltd. He established the Neonatal ICU and paediatric ICU in the square Hospital. After that he joined at Ad-Din Medical College and Hospital as professor and head of NICU & PICU. He established largest NICU in the country before joining Asgar Ali Hospital.
- Now Dr. Haque joined at Asgar Ali Hospital as Chief Executive Officer and Director Medical Services. He is also working as Senior Consultant Paediatrics, Neonatology, NICU & PICU in the same hospital.